A guide to Kansas-specific legal forms.
Last Updated: Sep 21, 2015
The information provided here is not a substitute for legal advice. Changes in the law can affect how the forms will operate. If you have any questions about the forms you may want to contact your healthcare provider or an attorney for assistance. Wheat Law Library staff cannot interpret or explain the law to you or advise you on what laws apply to your situation. We cannot give such legal advice because it would constitute the unauthorized practice of law.
Transportable Physician Orders for Patient Preferences (TPOPP) form:
- A doctor’s order that helps you keep control over medical care at the end of life.
- Is usually printed on bright pink paper so it will easily stand out in your medical records.
- Travels with you if you move from one health care setting to another. You can change it or cancel it at any time.
- Helps medical providers understand your wishes at a glance, but it is not a substitute for a properly prepared Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care Decisions.
An Advance Directive:
- Is for anyone 18 and older
- Provides instructions for future treatment
- Appoints a Health Care Representative
- Does not guide Emergency Medical Personnel
- Guides inpatient treatment decisions when made available
- Advance Directive Planning for Important Health Care Decisions
This packet contains a legal document that protects your right to refuse medical treatment you do not want, or to request treatment you do want, in the event you lose the ability to make decisions yourself. You may complete Part One, Part Two, or both, depending on your advance planning needs.
- Kansas Advance Directives
This website from the Wichita Medical Research & Education Foundation provides information and forms for the advance directives recognized in Kansas, including Healthcare Power of Attorney, Living Will and Patient's DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) Order.
- Advanced Directives
From Kansas Legal Services, forms include Living Will (with notary), Living Will (with witnesses), Power of Attorney, etc.
- State-by-State Advance Directive Forms - Kansas
This site provides the information you'll need in order to obtain an Advance Directive in Kansas, which is comprised of two separate documents. The first form is a Living Will Declaration and the second is a "Durable Power Of Attorney For Healthcare Decisions" (a.k.a. Health Care Proxy).
- Advance Directives - Salina Regional Health Center
This website provides information and forms for Durable Power of Attorney, Living Will and Patient Self Determination.
- Advance Directives Information & Form - Hays Medical Center
Instructions and information freely available on the website. The link to the form is at the bottom of the page.
- Advance Directives / Instruccion Anticipada - St. Luke's (English & Spanish)
Information and forms from St. Luke's Health System.
- Advance Directive: Planning for Important Healthcare Decisions
Includes a Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare Decisions form and a Kansas Declaration form.